Tuesday, September 28, 2010

She's Here!

Our little Laney is 3 weeks old today.  Wow, how time flies.  My delivery went well.  I had a c-section this time because I had a fourth degree episiotomy with Lucas and a very painful recovery.  My wonderful friend Katy prepared me for what to expect step by step.  This helped tremendously.  It was no picnic but I am glad we did the c-section.  It was a bit more traumatic but all in all my recovery was easier and faster.  I felt better 1 week after than I did with Lucas. 

Lucas was not a "good" baby.  He had screaming colick and never went more than 2 hours between feedings until he was 3 months.  Not a great first baby for a new mother.  Well, we made it through this first few months and he was still a precious blessing.  I hate to even blog this next part because I don't want to mess up Laney's sleep but here it goes...Laney is easier than Lucas was....She does have a gassy tummy but so far it is not as bad as brother.  She will eat about every 2-3 hours during the day and the past week she will go 3-4 hours at night.  Man, I hope she continues that.  The first 2 weeks I felt like the normal Mommy zombie with no sleep.  Last week, I had a few days of actually feeling human.  Don't get me wrong, it is still hard, just easier this time.  Laney's fault is wanting to be held a lot.  Lucas would let me put him down more than her.  We are really enjoying our life with 2 kids.  Lucas had a rough first few days after we brought her home, but now he is doing so great!  He is a great big brother!


Sweet Baby Girl!


Lucas' first reaction to his new Baby Sister.  So sweet!



We were so exhausted coming home from the hospital.


What a good Big Brother!  He helps me so much with her!


I love these next two pictures.



My precious little family!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! She is so beautiful!! Presley ate every 2 hours until she was over 4 months old...holy moly. I'm so glad we are beyond that. So happy your recovering well, and Lucas is enjoying his little sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am so glad she is here. She is beautiful!!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete